Jump to navigation
Madrid Snapshot About The Living Lab Environment
- Capital and largest city of Spain.
- 3,25 million people in the city (up to 6 million inhabitants in the metropolitan area).
- 3,415 km of roads (938 km are high capacity, 790 km of which are free highways). Radial structure, complemented with 2 ring roads and 2 semi-ring roads
- Metro system has 338 stations, 2,157 trains and 339 km network. 557 million passengers/year
- The city bus company (EMT) has 213 routes, 10,024 bus stops, 2,000 vehicles and a 3,725 km network. 405 million passengers/year
- Suburban rail network connects a large number of towns in the city’s metropolitan area and transports over 200 million passengers per year. It has 337 km of track
- Pedestrian areas, 30-zones, etc
- Public Electric Bikes System (launched June 2014)
- 4 Car-sharing companies, etc